This deceptively simple ganache tarts are very elegant looking and a total party pleaser !! A piece of chocolate is always my go-to dessert. Can never say NO to anything chocolatey 🙂 and what better dessert to make for the Valentines Day !!
I have used micro edible flowers here along with blueberries and strawberries and see how pretty they look. Almost like painting a platter with colours. So delighted with the outcome, I just had to share 🙂
Ingredients for Ganache
- Sweet Dark Chocolate 300 gms
- Full cream 1 1/2 cups
- Condensed milk sweetened 3 table spoons
- Soft Butter 5 table spoons
- Vanilla essence 1 tsp
- A pinch of salt
- Take a pan on low flame and add the condensed milk to it. Stir constantly till it thickens and becomes caramel like. Add the full cream slowly and keep stirring. Add butter to this, until it melts and turn the flame off.
- Take the chocolate at room temperature and break into small pieces. Place it in a microwaveable glass dish. Pour the warm mixture on this. Using a spatula try to break the chocolate. It takes a bit of coaxing, till everything is melted and well incorporated. I usually put this in microwave a few times for 20 seconds at a time and keep whisking it in between till it becomes a homogenous smooth mixture. Be careful not to burn it.
- Add the vanilla essence, salt and make sure there are no lumps in the gooey goodness.
- Bring this to room temperature then pour carefully using a spoon into each empty tart. I have used bakery bought empty mini tart shells.
- Refrigerate for at least half an hour before decorating it with blueberries, strawberries, and the edible flowers of your choice.
Voila! Enjoy the delicious, delightful dessert. And the smile it brings to your loved ones. 🙂