This super fast stir fry is comfort food for most thais and for the long timers in Bangkok like me. Serve it with fragrant Jasmine rice and a fried egg to give it that authentic vibe. I prefer to add some long green beans to the protein mince to make it wholesome.
- Chicken mince 200 gms
- Long beans 2-3, washed and chopped
- Holy basil a large bunch, pick only the leaves, wash and keep aside.
- Garlic 4-5 cloves, chopped finely
- Birds eye chilli 2-3 chopped finely (less or more depending on your spicy quotient)
- Cooking Oil – 1 table spoon
Stir fry sauce :
- 1 table spoon light soya sauce
- 1/2 tsp dark soya sauce
- 1 table spoon Mushroom sauce
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 table spoon White vinegar
- This recipe moves fast so keep everything ready within reach. Take the wok and heat on high flame, add oil, chillies and garlic. Toss in the chicken mince and stir fry till cooked.
- Add the chopped beans and the stir fry sauce. Stir a couple of minutes before adding the basil and mix well. Turn off the flame.
- Serve with jasmine rice and a side of fried egg and thai cucumber.