I simply luuuvvvv this salad !!
After years of being in Bangkok, the love for this can still lift my spirits up 🙂
The very famous Papaya salad, that’s a must try for all food lovers.
One of those dishes that is well known around the world.
Here is my vegetarian version of it mastered at home during covid lockdown 🙂
- Shredded, unripe green papayas – 2 cups full
- Long beans – 2
- Tomato – 1 roughly chopped
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Spicy fresh green or red chilli – 1 ( more or less according to taste)
- Roasted Peanuts – 2 table spoons
- Slices of half Lime
- Thick tamarind paste 1 tsp
- Light Soya sauce 1 tbsp
- Brown sugar 2 tsp
- Salt 1/2 tsp
In a small bowl, mix all of this together and keep aside
- In a large terracotta mortar add the chilli, garlic, beans and bruise it well using the wooden pestle. Now add the tomato and lime, pound some more.
- Add the shredded papaya, peanuts and the prepared dressing.
- Using a spoon keep mixing in between while bruising the salad.
- Taste check for Umami flavours and enjoy the salad.