A light, vegan, fruity, & cool summer desert with minimum sugar !
Sounds tempting doesn’t it ??
- Mango puree 2 cups – fresh or store bought, upto you.
- Thick Coconut milk 2 cups
- Agar Agar 4 tsps (or Gelatin powder)
- Chia seeds- 2 table spoons
- Coconut sugar – 2 tsps
- Oat cookies crushed
All ingredients need not be exact for this recipe. You can increase or reduce the mix according to how you like it.
- Take a small bowl with half cup boiling water. Add the gelatine to this and stir vigorously to dissolve completely.
- Take 4 separate bowls. We will prepare everything first, then assemble later in layers of your choice. So let us prepare different layers to begin.
- In first bowl take – mango puree, add half of the dissolved gelatine and mix. Taste check and adjust the sweetness/ tartness. Keep aside.
- In the second bowl take coconut milk, add the remaining half of the dissolved gelatine and a tsp of coconut sugar. Mix well and keep aside.
- In the third bowl take a tsp of coconut sugar. Dissolve it in a half cup warm water. Add the chia seeds and mix well, keep aside.
- In the fourth bowl take few oat cookies and roughly crush them.
- Assembling is the fun part. I did the base layer of cookies, chia seed then the coconut milk. Allow it to sit in the fridge for 15 mins before gently adding the mango puree in the end so the coconut milk has somewhat set and the different layers don’t don’t get mixed up. Allow it to sit in the fridge till it sets ( about 1 hour)
- I made individual servings. You can do one large dish as well, totally unto u. Though that might take more time to set between the layers and the final desert.
- Decorate with some fresh fruit of your choice and serve chilled !