Simple, super quick and flavourful recipe, enjoyed best with fresh breads to soak up all that goodness!
- Mild flavoured fish steak or 2 large fillet ( I used a fat salmon steak)
- Cream cheese 1/2 cup
- Butter 1 tsp
- Garlic grated 1 tsp
- Parmesan cheese 1/2 cup
- Red bell pepper 1 large chopped finely
- Spinach – a large bunch. We need only leaves.
- Cherry tomatoes -1 cup
- Lemon juice 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper powder to taste
Preparation Method :
1.Wash the fish, pat dry and season with salt, lemon juice and pepper. Keep all the ingredients and vegetables ready. This recipe moves fast.
2. Heat a skillet and add the butter to it. Cook the fish on one side on high flame and then turn it to the other side. Once done keep aside on a plate.
3. In the same skillet, take the garlic, red pepper and stir regularly. Reduce the heat to medium. In about a minute add the cream cheese, salt, black pepper and mix well. Wait another minute and add the spinach and whole tomatoes. I have used fresh spinach which has a lot of water. If using the frozen one, drain the excess water first.
4. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese and remaining lemon juice. Turn off the flame.
5. Arrange the veggies on a dish first and place the fish on top.