Super delicious, crunchy, exotic and very nutritious cutlets / Kebabs with beautiful flavours and a secret herb !!
Can be served as a snack, meal in itself or even as a side dish. I have used White quinoa, since that’s what I had at home, but you can use any other one too. Check out the full recipe …
- Cooked quinoa – 2 cups full, cooled and fluffed.
- Mixed vegetables, chopped fine or grated – 2 cups ( I used corn, carrots, broccoli, long beans, green coriander and green onions)
- Potato, boiled and grated – 1 large
- Fresh cuban oregano herb, washed and chopped 1/3 cup ( in picture )
- Salt to taste
- Grated cheese of your choice 1/3 cup
- Dry mango powder 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli flakes 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala 1/2 tsp
- Bread crumbs to coat the cutlets – optional
- Oil for shallow fry.
- Prepare all the ingredients and keep aside. Mix all ingredients from 1 – 9 in a large bowl. If you do not have the fresh cuban oregano herb in your garden like I do, use the regular dry oregano 1/2 tsp.
- Using your hands mix all the fresh and dry ingredients well. Dry mango powder always has lumps, so press it between fingers before adding it to the mix.
- Make even sized balls and then coat them in bread crumbs while pressing it down and flattening it into cutlets.
- Shallow fry on low flame till golden brown and crisp on one side before flipping to the other side.
- I served these with coriander and mint chutney.
Beautiful flavours and Simple pleasures !!