Vegan, Vegetarian, Plant-Based, and Gluten-Free.
Want to detox after Diwali ??
Look no further!! Fenugreek or methi sprouts and moong sprouts are packed with healthy nutrients. I have been asked by a lot of people to post a step by step method for methi sprouts, since that is a tricky one!
Moong sprouts are easy to do though, and it takes much less time .
Methi seeds were washed and soaked for 12 hours, whereas whole Moong seeds was washed separately and soaked for 8 hours.
Rest of the procedure is the same for both, but do it separately. You can do it for methi first as it takes longer for sprouts. You can then do it for moong, in case you want to use them together. Whatever suits you best!
- Drain and put in sieve.
- Wash with fresh water.
- Let it stand for a while to drain the water completely.
- Transfer into a dry container and keep the lid slightly open to allow ventilation.
- Methi starts to sprout by the second day, but wait a day or two longer before use. And moong is ready to use by the second day itself. Do NOT wash again or it rots easily !
- Transfer it all to a clean container on day two.
- Mix them both if you like by day two. Use other whole grains too. Great to munch on as is, use in salads, or whichever way you prefer.
In the uploaded picture, moong sprouts are two days old. And the methi sprouts are four days old.