An easy breezy Potato recipe that can be left on low flame to get crisp. Must try for potato lovers !!
- Baby potatoes 1/2 kg
- Oil 2 table spoons
- Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
- Carom seeds 1/2 tsp
- Chaat masala 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder 1 tsp
- Wash the potatoes well, under running water, rubbing them between your fingers to get the dirt off.
- In an iron skillet, on medium flame add the oil. To this add the larger potatoes first. Cover to cook, and then add the smaller ones. I have left the skin on .(The potatoes I have used were really tiny ones. If yours are medium sized you can slice them in half or boil for 5 mins first.)
- Add the salt to this , stir and cover another 5 mins. By now they would have become soft. I have slightly crushed the bigger ones using the back of a spatula, so it roasts nicely. Now we add the cumin seeds and the carom seeds. We add them now so it doesn’t burn as the potatoes are getting crisp.
- Stir occasionally and cook without cover for another 15 – 20 mins on low flame, until the desired crispness is reached.
- Turn off the flame and add all the spices. Iron skillet stays hot for a while, and that is enough to cook the spices. Fold in all the spices till it coats the potatoes well. If using a regular pan mix the spices and keep the medium flame for another 2 -3 mins.
Crispy crunchy potatoes are ready. Good for munching with a meal or as a side dish !!