This is a simple light yet Healthy wholesome salad for salmon lovers. For vegetarians switch to fried hard Tofu.
- Salmon fillet 2 fat ones
- Carrot 1 medium size
- Radish 1 medium size
- Watercress leaves about 100 gms
- Mint leaves handful
- Garlic chives
- Cherry Tomatoes handful
- Garlic 2 cloves
- Light soya sauce
- Green chili to taste
- White vinegar 1 cup
- Lime juice
- Roasted peanuts
- Salt to taste
- Peel and slice the Carrot and Radish into long thin matchstick strips . Soak these up in 1 cup of vinegar, 1 cup of water , 2 tsp of sugar and 1 1/2 tsp of salt. I add water to this to avoid too much sourness. This pickling can be done much ahead of time as well and stored in the fridge in an airtight glass container to be used in stir fry or salads.
- To make the dressing, take 2 tsp of soya sauce , add finely chopped garlic, green chili and half lime juice to it. Keep this aside.
- Take the salmon fillet, and on a hot skillet sear on a high flame till its cooked and golden crispy. I add a pinch of salt on each fillet as it is roasting. I haven’t added any extra oil since it has enough itself. Take out once done on a kitchen towel and allow it to cool.
- In a large bowl add washed, destemmed and roughly chopped watercress, mint leaves, chives, tomato halves , flaked salmon chunks,roughly chopped peanuts. ( Use your hands to flake the salmon and this is the time to take out any bones) Add the drained carrots and Radish to the bowl as well. The liquid can be used for marinating again.
- Add the Dressing , give it a nice toss. Adjust the salt and spice and serve. I did not use extra salt since salmon, carrots/ radish are already salted and the soya sauce has too much salt anyhow.