For the juiciest and moist chicken kabab ever. Look no further !!
- Chicken 400 gms boneless, chopped into small pieces
- Chana dal, 1 cup soaked over night
- Ginger 1 inch
- Garlic 2-3 cloves
- Bay leaf 1
- Cinnamon stick 1 small
- Green cardamom 2
- Cloves 2
- Dry red chilli 5 pcs
- Coriander seeds 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp
For mixing later :
- Mint leaves 1/4 cup, chopped
- Coriander leaves 1/4 cup chopped
- White Onion 1/4 cup chopped finely
- Green chillies 4 chopped
- Lime juice 2 tsp
- Garam masala 1/2 tsp
- Fried onions 1/4 cup
- Egg 1
- Corn flour 1 table spoon
- Chaat masala 1/2 tsp
- Oil to shallow fry
- Take all of the above ingredients to boil into a large pan with 2 cups of water, cover the pan and let it simmer after the first boil for a good 10 mins.
- Remove the cover and let the water dry up. The dal and the chicken would have cooked and become soft. Remove the bay leaf, cinnamon stick, cloves and cardamoms. Allow to cool.
- In a mixer / blender take mint leaves, coriander, onion and green chillies. Add the cooled chicken and dal mixture to this. Add lime juice, garam masala, fried onions and blend into a smooth paste using NO water or as little water as possible, while taking breaks to mix this. Add the egg to this and blend some more.
- Take the mixture out in a large bowl and now sprinkle the corn flour and chaat masala. Using ur hands mix this well.
- Apply some oil to palms, this will help to shape it into round, flat patties of your desired size and shallow fry to a crisp golden crust.
Serve hot with green chutney and a dash of onion – tomato juliennes. YUM YUM YUM