Delightful Dessert and oh so very pretty to look at too no ???
This is a creamy sweet tart with custard filling and fresh blueberries and strawberries. Perfect for that special dessert after a meal or to have at tea time. Share with loved ones and just wait for the compliments to pour in, not just because of the taste but also since it looks so beautiful. 🙂
Oh and btw the mint is home grown in balcony pots !!
Tart case :
All purpose flour 1 cup
Almond flour 1/2 cup
Sugar 3 table spoons
Egg 1 large size
Butter 3 table spoons at room temperature
A pinch of salt
- Whole milk 1 1/2 cup
- Honey 3 table spoons / sugar 2 table spoons / maple syrup 3 table spoons
- Custard powder 1 table spoon
- Vanilla extract 1 tsp
For Tart Base:
- Mix the ingredients for the tart base. Take the flours first and add an egg, sugar, butter and salt. Knead a soft dough but do not over knead.
- Divide the dough depending on how many tarts you are making or if it is going to be one large tart. Roll and press the dough evenly to cover the base and sides of the tins.
- Place into the freezer for 15 mins , prick the base with fork to prevent it from puffing up.
- Bake for 10-15 mins in a preheated oven at 170 degrees C until a light golden colour. I made small ones, so the time taken to bake was less. Guard the oven, you don’t want it to get over cooked.
- Allow to cool as it hardens up a little.
- In a small pan take the milk and place it on medium flame.
- Take 2 table spoons of the milk from this, in a small bowl to mix the custard. Pour this into the pan, add honey and stir
- Using a whisk keep stirring till this boils and thickens. Turn off the flame and add vanilla extract, stir. Allow to cool slightly before assembling.
To assemble , pour the filling into the tart cases, top with berries of your choice and a mint leaf.
Chill and indulge 🙂