An easy-peasy orange cake where you can simply use orange marmalade instead of using orange peels.
- Yoghurt Half Cup
- Eggs 2, medium-sized
- Vegetable Oil Half-cup
- Vanilla Essence 1 teaspoon
- All purpose flour 1 and 1/4 cup
- Orange Marmalade 1 and 1/4 cup (Alternatively, Orange Peel 2 tbsp and Sugar 1 cup)
- Corn Flour 2 tbsp
- Baking Powder 1 tsp
- Baking Soda 1 tsp
- In a large bowl, take eggs and whisk them well. Add yoghurt, vegetable oil, vanilla essence, and whisk once again till everything gets incorporated well.
- Add marmalade, and mix again.
- In a separate bowl, sieve the all purpose flour along with baking powder, baking soda, and corn flour.
- Fold this flour mixture into the bowl with the eggs with the help of a whisk. If it feels too thick, add milk, bit by bit, until the cake batter consistency is achieved.
- Take the bundt cake tin, grease it, dust it, and pour the batter into the tin. Tap it a couple of times to release any air bubbles.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees celsius, and bake for about thirty minutes. In my oven, I prefer to lower the heat to 150 degrees celsius after 15 minutes. I used a 8-inch cake tin.
- Bake it until you get the desired golden crust, and the prick test comes out clean.
- Allow it to cool on a rack before turning it upside down.
- Dust it with powdered sugar and enjoy the moist, delicious cake at any point of time.
- In any citrus dessert, the amount of sugar used is slightly more to adjust the tartiness.