- 1 cup gram flour or besan
- 1 cup sour curd
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp haldi pwd
- 1 tablespoon oil,
- 1 tablespoon white sesame seeds
- 1 green chilli finely chopped
- 1 sprig of curry leaves
1. Mix all the above khandvi ingredients in a mixer jar and blend well.
2. Pour the mixture out in a wide wok and using a spatula stir vigorously while cooking on medium flame. Cook this for about 10 minutes until the mixture is well cooked and thickens up.
3. On greased kitchen counter top, spread the thick mixture in a straight line on the side. Now with a metal spatula spread this as thin as possible in the opposite direction. Keep everything ready as it needs to be done swiftly.
4. On this thin spread of the mixture , sprinkle some tempering along with fresh coriander and grated coconut. Use your fingers to spread it evenly.
5. Using a knife, cut in strips as wide as you want your khandvi rolls to be like.
6. Roll them up. Drizzle the remaining tempering on top. Add additional coriander, pinch of red chilli pwd and serve. Always a hit in any crowd 🙂