A Macaroon is a small cake or cookie, typically made from coconut or ground nuts. These coconut macaroons are super easy, super quick and yummy dessert / snack. Not much preparation needed and uses just 5 ingredients.
- 2 Egg whites medium size
- 2 1/2 cups of dessicated coconut
- 3/4 tin of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- Pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 180 deg Celcius.
2. Take a big bowl , add the condensed milk, vanilla essence, salt, and mix. Add the dessicated coconut and stir to combine.
3. In a separate bowl take the egg whites and whisk till soft peaks form.
4. Fold this in the coconut mixture gently using a spatula.
5. Once mixed well, take a spoon to scoop out, use hands to form cones and place onto the parchment paper, that has been sprayed with oil.
6. Baking takes very little time and the peaks will start turn golden brown first, which is an indication of being done. Be watchful ! So my oven took about 10 mins on 180 deg C and then 10 mins on 120 deg C
7. Gently remove, immediately transfer to a wire rack to cool. Enjoy and Serve, as you please